MIDSUMMER WILDLIFE WEEKEND
23rd and 24th JUNE
JOIN THE BIOBLITZ ! IN WANSTEAD FLATS & WANSTEAD PARK
The Wren Conservation Group are back for a fourth year of nature activities for all ages in the Park and on the Flats. You don’t need to be an expert to join in the walks and activities on our Wildlife Weekend but we do have some experts to help you! If you are interested in bats, birds, wildflowers and more, there is something here for everyone. All the activities are free and open to all, except Wanstead Nature Club on Sunday which is for young children and there is a small chargefor this.
Please check Wrengroup for details of time and place.
Saturday 23rd June
Meet at Centre Road Car Park, Wanstead Flats, for two walks, led by experts:
- 11am: Plant Galls: a close look at what’s growing on our trees
- 2pm: Larks, Butterflies and flowers: all welcome!
- 9pm: Bat Walk led by Francis Castro. Meet at the Tea Hut in Wanstead Park. A great family walk.
Sunday 24th June
11am-4pm: Events are in Wanstead Park or the Old Sewage Works on Sunday 24th.
- 5am: Dawn Chorus Walk: a walk for early birds.Start from Leybourne Road entrance to Bush Wood.
- 11am-4pm: London Wildlife Trust & RSPB :fun activities in the Temple Garden
- 11am-4pm: Wild Wanstead: green up your garden with Suzy Knox
- 11.30am-1pm: Identifying Bees and Understanding their lifestyle
- 11am -1pm:: Pond Dipping in the Perch Pond, Wanstead Park: suit all ages
- 11am-4pm: Wren Group experts : Bio Blitz finds I.D. Put your finds under the microscope!
- 11am-3pm: Meet our Duck Champion: crafts, treasure hunt, & quiz in the Temple Garden
- 1pm-3pm: Spiders in the Old Sewage Work: finding our eight-legged friends
- 2pm-3.30pm: Wanstead Nature Club: Meet in the Temple Garden for crafts, minibeast hunt etc. Children aged 3-7. Must be accompanied. Donation please.
- 2pm-4pm: Wildflowers & Butterflies walk .Meet at the Temple for a general look at what’s about in the Park.
- 2pm-3.30pm: Pond dipping in the Shoulder of Mutton Pond: suit all ages
- 2.30pm-4pm: Snails in the Old Sewage Works: a minibeast hunt with a difference!